Table of Contents
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, residence, postal code, phone number, professional title.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, age, gender, biographical details, photograph, links to your profiles on various third party sites including social networks, and wishlists.
- Identity data that we collect to conduct identification verification.
- Data about others for whom you schedule a session, such as the recipient’s user name. Please do not schedule a session for someone or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Transactional data, such as the information needed to complete your orders and/or payments on or through the Service (including name, credit card information, bank account number, billing and shipping information), and information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Data from other sources. We obtain personal information from other sources, such as:
- Users, including professional providers or customers, who can provide ratings and feedback on their experiences through the app.
- Screening providers, such as providers of background check or other screening services.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our sites and other sites and online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Precise geolocation data, such as when you authorize our mobile application to access your location.
Cookies. Some of our automatic data collection is facilitated by:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently and remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Software development kits, or SDKs, which are used to incorporate third party computer code into our App that allows our third party service providers or advertising partners to collect data directly from it for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of the App, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
Service Delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- conduct ID verification checks;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service, including allowing users to view profiles of professional providers;
- process provider payments and related tax filings;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs, interests, and preferences, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct Marketing. We may send you EsMe-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email and mail. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as IT, hosting, customer relationship management and support, print and mail fulfillment, data management, email delivery, marketing, website analytics, and providers of background, credit, and other screening services).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and operations purposes described above.
Business transferees. Relevant participants in business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, EsMe or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties on our Service, that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications.You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails. If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our marketing message.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity and patters on the Sites. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies at https://developers.google.com/
Privacy settings and location data. Users of our App can disable our access to their device’s precise geolocation in their mobile device settings.
Interest-based advertising. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and are subject to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can obtain more information about these companies' information collection practices, and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
Third party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages, mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18 we will delete it.